Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

upgraded ss cluster

2005chevimpala
04-28-2009, 08:43 AM
does anyone know which sensor,the one by the oil filter or the sensor above the starter that controls the oil gauge to make my oil gauge work so i can get the new one from an ss or ls engine,my car is a base and need to change the one sensor to make the oil gauge work,thanks

HeMi101
04-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Already answnered your question in your other thread. not as simple as swapping sensors.

2005chevimpala
04-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Already answnered your question in your other thread. not as simple as swapping sensors.Thanks for the reply,My buddy who's a g.m tech replaced the sensor above the oil filter with new one that is from an ls impala ,pluged it in and works fine,now i have my oil gauge working,the plug in is the same and there was no reprogramming for anything

HeMi101
04-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply,My buddy who's a g.m tech replaced the sensor above the oil filter with new one that is from an ls impala ,pluged it in and works fine,now i have my oil gauge working,the plug in is the same and there was no reprogramming for anything

What? lol I've seen many people try and it were disappointed when it didnt work. the 3400's PCM isnt programmed to read for a pressure, just for a on/off signal from a switch.

2005chevimpala
04-29-2009, 07:32 AM
What? lol I've seen many people try and it were disappointed when it didnt work. the 3400's PCM isnt programmed to read for a pressure, just for a on/off signal from a switch.It worked fine,not sure if the Canadian cars are different then US cars for plugins,there were lots of base model impalas which came with the sport package with painted moldings,console with shifter on the floor and came with a gas gauge,oil gauge,speedo and tact.

HeMi101
04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Ya either its a strange miricle yours worked, or you blowin hot air. lol hate to say that, but reading through NAIOA (not just Canadian cars) It's been tried by Chevy Mechs who love their cars, and never successfully Accomplished.

Iflylow
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
The base Imp with the 3.8 has everything necessary for the oil pressure gauge to work already installed at the factory. The base with 3.4 does not. It only has an oil pressure switch, not a pressure sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!