Help Me Please - Brake Light Issues and more

cutlassthatstalls
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Hello,

My brake lights will not turn off. I tried pulling both switches and the light still remains on. Both switches have the little rubber thingy intact and the switches are being fully depressed when the brake pedal is let go. The only thing I can do right now to turn them off is pull the fuse. Please help, I cant drive :( How can the lights possibly stay on when both switches that signal the brake is being pressed are disconnected?

cutlassthatstalls
04-26-2009, 01:18 AM
This may also help-
The shiftlock was having issues, so I had to shift into neutral to start the car.

After a quick oil change, the shiftlock issues disappeared and since then the brakes won't turn off....such fun :S

cutlassthatstalls
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
SUMMARY- Great news guys. After blaring my subs out of frustration, the problem seemed to go away. My brake lights were now functioning properly. After some further tests, my gauges stopped working and the fuse kept blowing. They would work with the headlights on, but when I turned them off, the gauge fuse would blow. Additionally, the tail lights were still not working (previously existant problem which I was ignoring somewhat).

I upped the fuse from a 15 to a 30 because my brake lights began messing up again. Upon doing this, I started a fire (evil grin). The fire was the rear light wiring harness near the trunk latch. After everything melted and the smoke cleared, I rewired all the wires and VOILA!! EVerything is working now- Brake lights, tail lights, gauges, shiftlock, interior dash lights

FUCK YEAH!!! Fire FTW!

Add your comment to this topic!