Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear Calipers?

weave41_82
04-22-2009, 02:09 AM
I have a 93 GS with 4 wheel disc brakes. Now the problem is, is that if i look for my car specific 2wd the only thing listed is a caliper, rotor and pads kit for the front. Do they not make calipers for the rear, I know that I can find rotors for the rear but having issues finding calipers.

Is it possible to use the awd set up, they come with calipers for the rear in the kit

weave41_82
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Ive seen that there has been a few views but no input, maybe this will help. I found a website that will accomodate for performance rear calipers but they will make my parking brake inopperable. Does anyone know if there is a way around this, suggestions?

david-b
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Ive seen that there has been a few views but no input, maybe this will help. I found a website that will accomodate for performance rear calipers but they will make my parking brake inopperable. Does anyone know if there is a way around this, suggestions?

I'm too sure on this since I'm not familiar with the 1st Gen brakes. There has to be pads out there. I would say take them off and take them to Pep Boys or something and see if they can be matched up, or even check to see if they're the same size as the fronts.

SilvrEclipse
04-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Im not clear on what your trying to do. Are you wanting to upgrade the rear calipers?

weave41_82
04-23-2009, 05:00 AM
Well i will start out by saying that Brembo makes a big brake kit for the front including rotors pads and calipers. The rear for some reason is being trick, i can find rotors for them all day long, but finding calipers (upgraded from stock) is proving to be near impossible. Someone on carforums showed me of a brand called TCE that makes a rear caliper for them but only 13 inch rotors. And also these calipers make the parking brake inoperable. Im just not really sure what the problem is here. I have seen kits for front and rear made for awd eclipses. How could i modify my rear brake system to accomodate a big brake kit?

SilvrEclipse
04-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Rear rear brakes from an EVO should bolt right up. You may want to double check that since you have a 1g. Anything more than that and its overkill

Black99GST
04-28-2009, 08:12 PM
:1: even the Evos all around are a little over the top... lol (speaking from experience)

Add your comment to this topic!