Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Metro 1.0 L will not start.

cj7jeeper
04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I pulled the engine out for a rebuild. Completed and installed engine. I have two wires I have no clue where they go. The two wires look like they could hook-up to the Starter or the Alternator. The two wires look like they would connect to the same connection because they are wrapped together and have the same angle on the eyelets. Please help!

Johnny Mullet
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I think those are ground wires that attach to the back of the intake manifold. If that is what I am picturing in my head. Do you have any photos you can post?

cj7jeeper
04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
I think those are ground wires that attach to the back of the intake manifold. If that is what I am picturing in my head. Do you have any photos you can post?

Thanks for the help with the wires.

I tried a new thing, I sprayed starter fluid in car and son started it. It ran as long as I sprayed starter fluid. I turned ignition on and overrode the fuel relay and the fuel pump pumped fuel. When does the fuel relay request come into play. Is it when the ignition is turned on or is there a sensor that tells the fuel relay that the fuel pressure has dropped and turn on the gas? I also tried a new relay so I do not think it is the relay.

Thanks,

Crvett69
04-22-2009, 11:04 PM
if those wires are not hooked to the engine intake as a ground the fuel pump will not come on. also make sure the ground wire behind the rad overflow bottle is connected and tight, should be 2 wires there. one from ground battery cable and another one thats from wiring harness

cj7jeeper
04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Thank you, I will get on it when I get home tonight and post the results.

cj7jeeper
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks to everyone for their help! Ya'll hit right on the button with the ground wires.

Johnny Mullet
04-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Glad we could help.

Add your comment to this topic!