Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Buick LeSabre

GPope
04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I have the intake manifold leaking problem. It was replaced 5 years ago at a auto repair shop. Happened 2 years later and I did the repair, and now its back.

Is there any other place that oil and water mix at. I have taken the heads off and installed new head gaskets as those contained corrosion buildup. New head bolts also. I used the fels-pro lower gasket and cant seen to get it to seal.
Just recently, I am getting a ting-ting-ting sound from what I assume is the push rods due to the coolant mixing with the oil. I have not really driven the car at all since the sound came up so I dont do more damage. Should I change the roller valve lifters.

I have a 160,000 on the car and want to know what would be reasonable to replace on the engine to get it back to a more reliable state as it really starts every time and except for the oil/coolant mix, its been a great engine.

Thanks Guys

maxwedge
04-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Coolant can come from cracked upper intake, take the tb off and you should see that, or lwr intakes or hd gaskets. Start at the top and work down, no other way.

GPope
04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for responding to my question. Can the coolant get into the oil from the upper intake? Also, is it possible to have manifold warpage that will allow for a ill fitting lower gasket?

Does the tic, tic, tic mean that the roller lifters need replacing?

maxwedge
04-20-2009, 07:26 PM
The noise could be contaminated oil, hopefully that is all. Coolant intermix, is usually not the upper intake unless it fills some cylinders overnight lets say, then gets past the rings and winds up in the crankcase.

Add your comment to this topic!