My Kia RIO Sucks Too!

jsedlezky
03-29-2003, 04:09 PM
I bought this 2002 Rio Cinco in December 2001. Within 6 months the front end was COVERED in stone chips. I took it in before it rusted and was told that this was "normal wear and tear." The car is only 15 months old and the hood is spotting with rust.

My windshield wiper arm (not the blade, the entire arm) has rusted out on the passenger side and despite purchasing a car with a bumper to bumper warranty, I was informed that this is also not covered by warranty.

I am starting to suspect that nothing is actually covered by this so-called "warranty" that was one of the main selling features on this car.

This particular vehicle looks cool and handles nicely for something in its class. The customer service sucks and the warranty is pretty much bullshi*. I would not recommend dealing with Kia and I highly doubt that I would ever buy another one, Rio or otherwise.

endlesskev86
04-26-2003, 02:02 AM
yes typically Kia quality.....
but hey...what did u expect?

Mike1010
08-26-2003, 10:51 PM
I don't think the Kia warranty is worth the paper it is written on. For a real Kia warranty nightmare story visit this page

Kia Warranty is worthless Click Here (http://www.pcpages.com/kiario/)

VEDA
11-12-2003, 09:40 AM
BOUGHT A NEW 2003 RIO 4 DOOR AND THINK IT HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR. ITS NOT A HONDA BUT THE PRICE WAS RIGHT ($4777.00!) FOR MY COMMUTE TO WORK. 45 MPG ON HWY 120MILE TRIPS DOES THE JOB... MY LOCAL DEALER HAS BEEN GREAT AND FOUND REALLY GREAT PRICES ON THE INTERNET FOR PARTS! :smile:

sycat
05-19-2004, 11:33 PM
where did u find parts on the net??? also i just started having a problem with my fuel injector fuse blowing! any suggestions??? i have a 2001 kia rio

punk554
07-12-2004, 11:20 PM
where did u find parts on the net??? also i just started having a problem with my fuel injector fuse blowing! any suggestions??? i have a 2001 kia rio

Check for recalls. One out is for the fuel rail and that may be your problem. It affects ALL Rios.

punk

AkinaSpeedStar
10-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Check for recalls. One out is for the fuel rail and that may be your problem. It affects ALL Rios.

punk

there are a couple recalls with the furel system and a computer reprogram

kyle95g20
10-17-2004, 02:28 AM
jsedlezky: your dealer sucks. go to a different dealer if at all possible. the wiper arm is for sure covered under warranty due to the fact that it has become excessively worn and inoperative (the pivot rusted out so it won't turn anymore-right?)

did youg et any of your concerns put in writitng? if you had made a concern at the dealer they should have put it on a work order and then noted that they felt that the concern was normal. if they did this you have documented proof that th dealer is not handliung your concern appropriately. if you call the kia consumer line they may be able to have something straightened out for you.

mike1010: do you own a kia? do you repair them for a living? i don't own but my family is fed by fixing these cars and taking care of the customers the right way. the warranty does cover alot, more than you would think in most cases. i have the complete run down on what is/isn't covered, how it is prorated/if anything is prorated, and so on. i know what is actually covered by the warranty. you can't post a link to a biased article and say that is the whole truth. what do you drive, i am sure i can find a few cases that exist concerning it's fallbacks and failures.

sycat: fuses blowing are teh result of shorts in electrical systems or increase in load on a circuit. if your vehicle has less than 60k on it this is a no charge item to you to have repaired at your dealer. if there is more than 60k on the car it is unfortunate that it falls outside of the bumper to bumper warranty tiem range and is your responsibilty to take care of. the 10/100 warranty is powertrain mechanical only...no electrical past 60k.

punk554 and akinaspeedstar: sorry but his concern is electrical. the reflash is concerning engine stall at low speeds (common at stop lights) and the rail is pertaining to loss of fuel pressure after the car sits that created hard starts and flooding situations.

Add your comment to this topic!