Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tar patches

violent31601
04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
sometimes living in WI is the most irretating thing. So I just washed/waxed my car and i'm driving to the road only to run over like 20 random tar "band-aids" in the road. All of a sudden I hear my car just getting covered with loose tar. I get home and noticed there of course my car is covered in the shit.

I really wish they would pack it down rather then just take a shovel and fill it up and move on to the next.

FU Wisconsin

/rant

anyway is there a way to get alot of loose tar off a car rather then taking tar/bug remover to my entire car (which will take hours to possibly a whole day).

let me know what you guys would do.

Thanks

SilvrEclipse
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
I know what you mean, they do the same thing here. For the last few months they have been replacing water pipes and have been tearing up holes in all the main roads. While they are workin on them they put these 1" steel plates over them so they suck also. Then their patch work is shitty. Transition is always bad and you get tar on the car also. I try to avoid them but sometimes you cant.

Blackcrow64
04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Be glad they at least fix the holes around there. Here in Ohio they don't give two shits about the roads and the pot holes get to ridiculous sizes. Last year I hit that one that was about 10 inches deep and bent my one wheel to hell on the Cobalt... The roads here are absolute shit and none of our tax money has gone to making repairs on the necessary roadways. Instead, our taxes have gone to money hungry politicians who maintain a lifestyle far beyond necessary...

Grrr...

End rant...

gthompson97
04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
anyway is there a way to get alot of loose tar off a car rather then taking tar/bug remover to my entire car (which will take hours to possibly a whole day)

3M adhesive cleaner is the best tar remover I've ever used, hands down. It's in a tall aerosol red/white can. It's a pretty big can and runs like $20, but it will last you forever.

http://www.drillspot.com/pimages/2903/290313_300.jpg

steviek
04-20-2009, 12:43 AM
hmm never really had that problem

my main problem up here and Im sure some of you guys can relate is salt

Blackcrow64
04-20-2009, 01:14 AM
my main problem up here and Im sure some of you guys can relate is salt
Salt made short work of my old Firebirds body... :(

david-b
04-20-2009, 11:10 AM
In Chicago it seems like they just stopped trying to fill the potholes. "We're broke". It's sad when I have to go a mile or two out of my way just to ignore these huge holes.

Can't wait til this comes around. Please be soon.
KFC Fills Potholes (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/31/kfc-could-pave-chicagos-p_n_181501.html)

Black99GST
04-24-2009, 02:54 AM
lol KFC gets to fix the holes, IF they pay the city? wow... lol

Add your comment to this topic!