Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

custom question

bhart1990
04-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Say if I wanted to do a custom paint job, like a custom tribal or something, obvioulsly i would want to scuff the surface but would that be enough for a completly new color to stick without having a hard edge? or would i have to get more involved

Mark Lapes
04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
To be honest with you theres alot invloved in a custom paint job. You need to choose a base color and a candy color. After the car is wiped down and ready you spray on your base color which is either silver or gold. After your base is dry and ready you now spray on your sealer. The mixing raio for candy is 4oz. of candy consentrate to 1 quart of pre mix. But remember this the more coats of candy that you put on the darker the color will be. When you get the color where you want it and when its all dry. then shoot a few coats od clear on it. Now your done.

Greenblurr93
04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
umm not sure he was asking about a candy paint job, i believe he wanted to know about doing a tribal air brush design? If you are good with the air brush and dont need a stencil, then there wont be much of a hard edge, if you need to tape off your design and paint the center, when you peel the tape, there will be an edge. you should scuff all the panels that the design will go on completely so the paint will stick, then when the design is done, re-clear over the panels to seal and protect your work. good luck and post pics when its done!

Add your comment to this topic!