Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP - 96 Sebring Died

xtreme_taz
04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello all,

I have a '96 Sebring JXi Convertible with 2.5 ltr. My problem is this.

I have been driving it quite a bit, recently had a complete tune-up done on it.

I got the car back from the shop and it has been running rough at idle (sounds like a miss).

I drove it through town just fine and had to turn around, pulled into a parking area and went back around a corner, when I went to accelerate, the car started spitting and sputtering, ran very rough then died.

I had to get the car out of the road so I tried to start it again, it started, I put the car in gear and it puttered off to the side of the road.

I placed the car in park and it ran very rough for about 30 seconds then died.

The car will turn over just fine but it will not start at all, on the instrument cluster where the odometer is, while cranking it flashed the following:

no bu5

Does anybody have an idea as to what this may mean? or any suggestions on where to start to get this thing running again!

Thanks.

Scotty89
04-10-2009, 07:19 PM
The no bus means you are losing communication with the computer on the car. The excact cause of this can be difficult for me to say. I had this same problem with a 2000 Dodge Durango that was saying the same thing. In my case there was some wires shorted together. If it started doing all of this after you had the tuneup done, id take it back to the shop where you had this done and tell them.

Add your comment to this topic!