Not sure what to buy...Help?

librarychick
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Hello;

Me and my BF are beginning our search for a new vehicle. We're hoping to buy this summer, but neither of us know anything about cars.

I'm currently driving a '92 Toyota Cressida, but it's time for something newer. It's costing me a ton to keep this car moving.

We're in Alberta, Canada so I need something that can handle cold temps, and icy roads. My parents like Toyota but I really have no opinions there. I would like a car that's good on gas (who doesn't, lol), and that will be low maintenance. I'm interested in green cars, but I don't know if that's within our budget.

Which brings me to the next problem...I have no idea what I should be paying, or what would be too high. I really don't want to get taken and end up with a crappy car that I paid through the nose for! We're kinda tight financially, so something that's a good deal would be nice.

I have no objections to buying used, in fact I'd probably prefer it as there's likely more info out there on that make/model.

I don't need a ton of room in it, but I def. need a back seat, and some trunk space. Hatchback would be ok...

So basically I have no idea what I should be looking for, or looking out for, I need a good deal, and a car that's worth the money we'll pay for it. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

oldblu65
04-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd recommend staying with Toyota and buying a used Corolla . Great little cars ! The Corolla gets great mileage and is very dependable ! Just my $ 0.02 ! Good luck !

Add your comment to this topic!