Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 buick regal supercharged

vannasdad247
04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm trying to change the supercharger oil in my 02 buick regal. If anybody knows a quick, easy, and inexpencive way please let me know.

GTP Dad
04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Welcome to AF!!

Yes, get a piece of clear plastic hose that will fit through the hole. You can buy it at Lowes or Home Depot. Connect it to a 99 cent turkey baster and suck the oil out. Try to get out as much as possible then replace the oil with the new oil. Total cost should be less than $2 for the hose and baster. Search the web for GM supercharger oil. Much cheaper than from a dealer.

RixRides
04-15-2009, 01:24 PM
My interest is peaked.....
I was told by Buick, and a REAL mechanic that I trust that the S/C'er oil doesn't have to be replaced....simply checked and added when nec.. Please explain why you need to replace the oil......Thanks!

BNaylor
04-15-2009, 06:47 PM
GM recommends checking supercharger oil level only and topping off if low every 30,000 miles or 36 months, whichever comes first but many of us enthusiasts that actually own L67 equipped GM cars found out that it is better to replace it rather than following GM's recommendation or the misplaced advice of some REAL mechanic that really doesn't know what he is talking about. What interval is up to you but 50K miles is reasonable. It will help extend the life of the Eaton M90 Gen 3 blower and prevent premature failure of snout bearings. Also, by replacing the oil you can inspect it to see the condition of the rotor seals and make sure no coolant is getting past them. When you do the first drain the oil will look dark brown or even black. It is clear out of the bottle. The bottom line is it is better safe than sorry.

GTP Dad
04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Bob is very correct. It is cheap insurance that will keep the supercharger in top shape. The cost of the oil is minimal compared to the cost of replacing the supercharger. And as easy as it is to change this is a no brainer.

eccs19
04-16-2009, 07:37 PM
How much fluid does the supercharger take? I've got one bottle of the GM stuff that's never been used, but I don't want to drain it if it's not enough to replace what's gone.

BNaylor
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
6 ounces or a bottle and a half. Each bottle is 4 ounces.

ctwright
04-16-2009, 07:54 PM
My interest is peaked.....
I was told by Buick, and a REAL mechanic that I trust that the S/C'er oil doesn't have to be replaced....simply checked and added when nec.. Please explain why you need to replace the oil......Thanks!

With a post like that I wouldn't have even gave him an answer I would just tell him to take to his "REAL" mechanic and let him do what he thinks is best.

BNaylor
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
With a post like that I wouldn't have even gave him an answer I would just tell him to take to his "REAL" mechanic and let him do what he thinks is best.

Point well taken but we try to be nice here. Best to simply give a counter-argument as long as it follows our Guidelines and to make sure others viewing the thread do not make the same mistake or see both sides. :wink:

RixRides
04-17-2009, 04:42 PM
What's a matter CT?? Patties in a BUNCH?? Seems you're quite the pisser. If you had any sense...which you DON'T..you would have realized the comment was about me.....you idiot! But you have a right to your opinion. Just remember...opinions are like A$$holes......everybody has one, just some seem to STINK more that others....mmmm ...smell somethng CT?? Jerk

BNaylor
04-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Come on gentlemen lets be civil. And no need for name calling. Lets make this thread useful to the membership.

Add your comment to this topic!