Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need help

kega2
04-07-2009, 09:35 AM
pls i have cherokee sport i have been sufering of over heatin last 3mont change gasket change radiator remove tha termostat still hapening

fredjacksonsan
04-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Overheating. You say you have removed the thermostat and also replaced the radiator?

Does it overheat while driving slowly in traffic, on the highway, or both?

Your might have a bad water pump; can you see the coolant moving inside the radiator?

ctwright
04-07-2009, 04:38 PM
pls i have cherokee sport i have been sufering of over heatin last 3mont change gasket change radiator remove tha termostat still hapening

Did you install a new thermostat? Leaving none in the housing doesn't allow the coolant in the radiator enough time to cool before going back to the block. Your coolant would just be flowing constantly that doesn't help with anything, you need the thermostat to allow coolant time to cool in while in the radiator, when the engine gets hot enough, the thermostat will open and the hot coolant from the block will enter the radiator and the cooler coolant from the radiator will enter the block to repeat the cycle again.

More than likely if something was there to start with it was there for a reason.

runuover
04-08-2009, 12:39 PM
try flushing the system i had to do it about 3 times before mine quit over heating

Add your comment to this topic!