Need a car for work...

mommyart
04-06-2009, 03:54 PM
My husband purchased a car off craigslist for $950. It was a Pontiac Bonneville, 96 or 97 I can't remember, but anyway the person told us it was in good shape. We drove it asked for info on any problems and felt confident it would be okay. The guy didn't have the title and when he met my hubs to transfer my hubs found out it was a salvage. Well he had given him the money and we didn't really know what that meant at the time anyway. Well so far we have put close to $2000 in repairs in the car and now the transmission is dead. The hubs tried to resell on craigslist being very honest about what we've done and what still needs to be done but can't get any takers because of the title. Meanwhile we've been trying to buy a car that's good enough to get me back and forth to work but haven't had any luck. One guy said he would sell to us and let us make monthly payments but then he sold the car to someone else. We are in the final months of a chapter 13 so we can't get any help from a car dealer right now. We both work and can make monthly payments but can't find anyone honest to sell us a car. I've been getting rides from co-workers but that gets old quick. Plus I do need a vehicle for work and am afraid that my job may be in jeopardy if I can't get out of the office to make some contacts soon.

So please if anyone knows where we could start looking or if anyone has a good used car to sell please contact me. We should be out of this situation soon but for now I need a car.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Add your comment to this topic!