Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need second opinion for next mod

cvp0917
03-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Hey guys. Im kinda having trouble choosing what to do to my 99 si next. read my profile for my mods and tell me what you think i should do. i was kinda leaning toward an intake manifold (either skunk2 or edelbrock) but im not sure what to get. which one is the better of the two? also keep in mind im on a budget so no saying turbos even though i already know i want one. thanks guys.

94civic
03-28-2003, 07:59 PM
if you are goin na go with the skunk2 and if you are going turbo go with the jg manifold.

relientokay
03-28-2003, 09:10 PM
get a header also, my brother has a 99 si with an apexi gt exhaust, gt header and injen intake. He loves his header, he wanted to get the hyper ground ssystem is it worth it?

SiccmadE976
03-28-2003, 11:14 PM
I would go for Skunk2

cvp0917
03-29-2003, 10:24 AM
He loves his header, he wanted to get the hyper ground ssystem is it worth it?

There really wasnt a super huge difference. I put my exhaust on and went from about 26 mpg to about 24 mpg. i went about 2 tankfuls with that number then put the hyperground on. after it ive gotten 28 point something for 3 tankfulls now. performance-wise i can hardly tell a difference. im not sure if its just me wanting to know my money was worth it or what but im not sure. i would think there would be a better difference if i had anything done to my ignition system (i dont even have high performance wires). it does make an interesting addition to the engine bay though.

btw, dont buy the cheap one from R-1 racing. i tried that one first and the distribution block and battery terminal dont even conduct electricity. kinda wierd since its meant to do that...

edman24
03-31-2003, 05:31 PM
if you are going turbo then dont waste your money on anything else for the time being. you already have to remove your CAI and exhaust and buying headers will just be a waste of even more money if you go turbo.

york2600
04-02-2003, 01:09 AM
If you're going to stay N/A then get a header for sure. It's a nice performance gain. As for the intake manifolds, they are a bit of a pain to install. I have a Skunk2. Looks clean in the engine bay and screams on VTEC. Very impressed.

-Tim

Add your comment to this topic!