Gear Shifter Gets Stuck In Park..

yukon206
04-04-2009, 08:02 PM
hi there, i have a 1999 gmc yukon denali and occasionaly my gear shifter gets stuck in park i would have to play with the shifter in order to get for at least an 1hr until i can get it to release from park, can someone please tell me what to look for or what my problems is?? this would be so helpful..:shakehead

denaliDriver
10-28-2009, 03:02 PM
hi there, i have a 1999 gmc yukon denali and occasionaly my gear shifter gets stuck in park i would have to play with the shifter in order to get for at least an 1hr until i can get it to release from park, can someone please tell me what to look for or what my problems is?? this would be so helpful..:shakehead

My Truck does the exact same thing, does nobody have any answeres to this?

yukondenali67
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
re;gear shifter gets stuck in park. On the brake pedal there is a sensor at top of pedal its bad clips in place w/cotter pin 30 bucks to fix to insure this is the problem next time it happens have someone else depress brake pedal and try to put it in gear as you look at brake lights THEY WILL NOT BE WORKING ! !

denaliDriver
12-10-2009, 11:24 AM
if there was a bad sensor, it would simply not work right, i have never heard a a sensor working sometimes and then not work other times, when sensors go bad they are bad right?
thank you for the response

swm63
06-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't know if this will help, but my 95 Yukon does the same thing, and I do have brake lights working. I've found that if I turn the key slightly toward the 'on' position without actually turning it on, then the shifter can be moved to neutral and I can start the truck from there. Only happens every once in a while, so not that big of a deal.

95 Yukon 4X4 239,000 miles, and can still pull a house down.

Add your comment to this topic!