Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 530i Comments Please!

2001530i
04-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Hello all! I'm new to the forum, getting ready to purchase a 2001 530ia, would like comments pro's and con's...all will be appreciated. Thanks so much!:smile:

arks
04-02-2009, 09:05 PM
First things first..... Congrats!

I've had my 530 Sport for 2 1/2 years. This is my second BMW and it's the best car I've ever owned- and I've had quite a few. The M54 engine is simply mechanical genius, like a swiss watch. Even with 110,000 miles the car is tight as a drum and quiet inside.
I can't imagine EVER selling it. IMO the E39 was the very best of the 5 series, including the current model.
Maintenance can be expensive but hey, it's a premium car. Find yourself a good independant (not dealership) repair shop who knows BMW's and make them your friends.

Good luck with your new car, and WELCOME to the club! :D

2001530i
04-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the comments and the welcome arks! really glad that i found the forum...I feel like it will be a good place to have great conversation on the 530. found it locally, only 34k mi, one owner...really tight car..like new! what are your thoughts on purchasing warranty outside of BMW? Thanks!

arks
04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
This board is not very busy. Sometimes I think I'm the only one here. I try to look in here a couple time per week.

34K/one owner? Wow, that's an excellent find. I'll second that Congrats!

what are your thoughts on purchasing warranty outside of BMW?
I'm not a big fan. It's really just an insurance policy. Those warranty companies have all the repair data figured out and are "playing the odds" that the premiums will cover any claim you might have.
I thought about getting the Ford extended warranty when I bought a new pickup last year but 1900 clams will cover a LOT of repairs.
I'll take my chances.

2001530i
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
ok...well its a pleasure to "meet" you and i appreciate your responses. I'm sure that i will ask more of your opinions based on your experience as time goes on. I am going to put the BMW 17" wheels on in a couple of weeks...I think this will give the "look" that i want....I'm hoping the ride/noise level will not be affected...any thoughts?

arks
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I am going to put the BMW 17" wheels on in a couple of weeks...I think this will give the "look" that i want....I'm hoping the ride/noise level will not be affected...any thoughts?

I use OEM 17's with no problem. Wheels won't change seat-of-the-pant ride or noise but tires most certainly will. Before buying tires look at consumer ratings and comments. Tire Rack is a good source for this. Their prices are very good, too.

Add your comment to this topic!