96 Geo Prizm - Horrid Grinding In Front Wheels

crazzzyace08
04-02-2009, 01:18 AM
I have a 96 Geo Prizm and just about a week ago i replaced the right front hub assembly cuz the bearing was horribly loose. Now 5 days later i hear a really bad grinding noise in the 10-15 mph range in my right front wheel. Its a pulsing grind. :banghead: the one i replaced was making no noise what so ever up until it was swapped out. I did the replacement myself with help of a friend of mine who is a GM mechanic, but now the new one makes noise... Could it be a bad bearing again? CV joint or ball joint? the noise only occurs when driving in a straight line, not making a left or right turn. I just got my wheels aligned, could that do it? any suggestions or ideas would be great, thanks

1=2
04-04-2009, 07:15 PM
It could be that when you reinstalled your disc rotor that you didn't put it on the same place that it used to sit before you took it off. Matching which holes went where. Sometimes those things get rusty in the hub area and make the disc not sit flush against the hub, causing it to rub and pulsate.

crazzzyace08
04-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Okay thanks. Ill look into it

kennyspackers
05-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Sounds like your backing plate got tweaked a little bit and is rubbing the rotor. Or if you overtorqued the lugnuts it will warp the rotor causing the same problem and if it took 5 days to start that would be consistant with overtorquing.

Add your comment to this topic!