Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Online classes

Blackcrow64
03-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey guys, I know many of you are in college or post college. I was wondering if anybody had any kind of experience with doing online classes. I am wanting to go back to school for another degree, but with my crazy work schedule it will be nearly impossible for me to make classes most of the time... I got to thinking about it and thought well I could always do online classes and do them whenever I get the free time to actually do it... Of course then I wondered how well I would actually learn stuff doing it in this fashion...

So I guess the floor is open to all experience/opinions on the matter... Thanks! :runaround:

**EDIT**
Guess it would help if I specified what for... BA in Networking...

steviek
03-31-2009, 12:01 AM
I took one onliner a semester no matter what ;)
that would free up my fridays haha!

Sonic Eclipse
04-01-2009, 06:29 AM
I had an online class at the beginning of this semester, I only did the class twice though. I forgot about the class the 3rd week so I decided to drop it because it was just to easy to shrug the class off, and not do the work.

david-b
04-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Missed this post.

I never took any classes but my g/f has taken 3 I believe. She likes them because you can do the work pretty much whenever. However, they do have due date/times so the work usually has to still be done in a timely matter. Also, sometime they set up times where everyone has to be online in a chatroom or whatever to discuss readings or whatever.

I'm not sure how many online classes you can take with networking. All of my networking classes were entirely hands on. Actually no classes in my major (digital media tech) were online because they were all hands on.

vanilla gorilla
04-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I took like 3 of them my first semester. The only reason I did that was because those classes were only offered online. The only good thing about it was I only had to go to school 2 days a week, which freid (whats the past tense of "free", lol?) up alot of my time. I just dont like them because its too easy to put off the work and forget to do it. Now whenever I register I ask for all my classes in person. Just try it and see how you like it.

steviek
04-05-2009, 12:38 PM
lol its kinda weird but I believe its just freed!

Blackcrow64
04-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I kinda wondered if any part of it would be even available online because of there being so much hands on, Dave...

I figure if there are crap classes I have to take, I would rather do those ones online at least so I'm not sitting in a classroom being bored out of my mind since I did them once already.

vanilla gorilla
04-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I kinda wondered if any part of it would be even available online because of there being so much hands on, Dave...

I figure if there are crap classes I have to take, I would rather do those ones online at least so I'm not sitting in a classroom being bored out of my mind since I did them once already.

Yeah, most classes will probably only be offered in person. In my particular course of study, only the introductory and basic classes are taught online.

cantgo2fast
04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
I had to take math online first semester and i just buckled down and finished everything in 4 days so that was awesome otherwise most people ive met forget about them and either have to do it all at the end or drop the class.

Add your comment to this topic!