Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

08' eq

08_E-Q
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
I have a 2008 EQ LTZ trying to find a lowering kit, chip, and heard about a turbo kit but all i found was the saturn vue parts are they compatable?

MT-2500
04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I have a 2008 EQ LTZ trying to find a lowering kit, chip, and heard about a turbo kit but all i found was the saturn vue parts are they compatable?

Why do you want to butcher it up like that?

J-Ri
05-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't understand that personally, but some people seem to like that. If he's gonna try it, he's gonna try it. What we need more of on the road are large, poor-handling vehicles that can't stop; but can accelerate insanely fast :rolleyes:

Anyway, a "chip" will do nothing on your car other than make it run rich. For any performance upgrades on OBD-II vehicles you need to reprogram the PCM. All these chips will do on the newer vehicles is make them run rich. More gas alone does nothing for power. I can't say for sure if the Vue parts would work, but I would assume they would not, if they would the manufacturer would say they do so they sell more of them :2cents:

Ruley73
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't understand that personally, but some people seem to like that. If he's gonna try it, he's gonna try it. What we need more of on the road are large, poor-handling vehicles that can't stop; but can accelerate insanely fast :rolleyes:

Anyway, a "chip" will do nothing on your car other than make it run rich. For any performance upgrades on OBD-II vehicles you need to reprogram the PCM. All these chips will do on the newer vehicles is make them run rich. More gas alone does nothing for power. I can't say for sure if the Vue parts would work, but I would assume they would not, if they would the manufacturer would say they do so they sell more of them :2cents:

I actually think the lowering kit for a Vue would also work with an Equinox. Comparing those two vehicles is like comparing a Pontiac Grand Prix to an Oldsmobile Intrigue. They have essentially the same chassis components but different engines. The turbo kit for a Vue definitely will not work for that in the Equinox. The turbo kits they offer are probably for the SOHC 3.5L V6 (Honda engine) or the Ecotec 2.2L I4 neither of which was ever installed in the Equinox. However, you may be able to find a programmer (newer OBD-II cars use programmers, not chips) that would give you modest increase in power.

Add your comment to this topic!