New Challenger and Racing Stripes

skeety
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Any further input on this?

Just bought the new Challenger (LOVING IT!) and thinking about getting racing stripes on it.

Dealer pointed me to an affiliate who's quoting me at $825. Seems high to me just for two thick racing stripes (no pinstripes).

Should I shop around, or is this about right?

BNaylor
03-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Any further input on this?

Just bought the new Challenger (LOVING IT!) and thinking about getting racing stripes on it.

Dealer pointed me to an affiliate who's quoting me at $825. Seems high to me just for two thick racing stripes (no pinstripes).

Should I shop around, or is this about right?

Welcome to AF.

Your post has been moved to the Dodge Challenger forum.

skeety
03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Welcome to AF.

Your post has been moved to the Dodge Challenger forum.

Moved? Or copied?

My question was more about racing stripes and paint jobs then it was specific to the Challenger. But okay. ;)

BNaylor
03-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Moved in its entirety. We prefer posts at the auto tech forums like Pontiac Grand Prix are make/model specific and not general in nature. Also, feel free to visit other general areas of AF like "Cars In General" where you can also get answers. See link.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=714

thisnametooktolong
08-07-2009, 05:39 AM
:runaround:Racing stripes? Fancy rims? I would dump all that money into go faster parts
I don’t know about you but I can get a traffic ticket all by myself without the cops looking to give me one. :shakehead
Back in the day I had a GLHS turbo that I added; 2.5lengine, injectors, better turbo, ported head,16lbs of boost, and a bigger intercooler NOS, a van tranny, exhaust upgrades etc. etc.
I removed the aluminum 15-inch wheels for steel 15inch. Removed the black bumpers for the standard chrome, removed the air dam and skirts, removed the turbo hood and replaced it for the stock hood. Removed all GLHS Turbo logos, for the plain Jane Omni.

An 11.3 1/4ET @ 122mph, black omni on NOS does not exactly get a lot of attention. But if you are banging off 350 horse plus in an omni……. You don’t need flash just drag slicks on the front:iceslolan
Verified with a G-Tech timmer

Fast good………..attention BAD:naughty:

Add your comment to this topic!