1999 Century Trac Off and ABS lights

LadySmith
03-30-2009, 08:19 AM
The Trac Off and ABS lights stay solid on the dash. Are these two related? What could cause this and how do you fix it?

Also, the air bag light stays lit up as well.

jrecken
03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I had the same problem with my car. The problem is a sensor in one of the wheels must be bad. When mine did it the dealer wanted $469 to repair it. He was going to replace the wheel hub. Found out it was just a broken wire leading to one of the sensors and it costs $75 to fix it at a different shop.
I have the same problem again but this time the hub bearing is bad and those lights will come on occasionally.

LadySmith
03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I had the same problem with my car. The problem is a sensor in one of the wheels must be bad. When mine did it the dealer wanted $469 to repair it. He was going to replace the wheel hub. Found out it was just a broken wire leading to one of the sensors and it costs $75 to fix it at a different shop.
I have the same problem again but this time the hub bearing is bad and those lights will come on occasionally.

Thanks for replying.

Will this problem show up with a regular computer code scanner, which my hubby has access to or does it have to be a special scanner specifically for the ABS and traction?

jrecken
03-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry, I do not know the answer but I believe you need one to scan ABS.

I just bought a new hub and brakes and it does not look to be a very hard job.

Add your comment to this topic!