Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ordering from HLJ

91p10nizmo
03-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi just wondered do some of you guys still order at hlj? I used to get all my kits there but havent done any modeling in over a year and was just wondering is it still a good place to order from?

Thanks

ModelerSite
03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi just wondered do some of you guys still order at hlj? I used to get all my kits there but havent done any modeling in over a year and was just wondering is it still a good place to order from?
Thanks

HobbyLink Japan, was and still is on of the more serious and reliable internet based shop.
If you find that HLJ carry out what you are looking for, don't hesitate, you will not be disappointed.
Happy hunting!

jano11
03-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I received a kit from them last week and I can say that they are as good as always!

SCORPIONFB
03-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I am a very happy HLJ customer!!!.

Twowheelsrule
03-30-2009, 01:19 PM
There are places you can get the same stuff cheaper but, I have found HLJ packages the models the best. I have bought some stuff from Hong Kong with good luck and some stuff was dented and just barely ok.

TW

drunken monkey
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
there's no real need to mention other places when the simple fact is, not many people are ever disappointed with HLJ and their service.

I'd bet my hat, if I had one, that no one here will have had a negative experience with them.

klutz_100
03-30-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd bet my hat, if I had one, that no one here will have had a negative experience with them.
But would you bet your cardboard boxes?? THAT would be the real test of your commitment to HLJ

there's no real need to mention other places when the simple fact is, not many people are ever disappointed with HLJ and their service.
Is that like a 98% positive rating? :D
Actually, there IS a reason to mention other places IMHO.
a) Other places may be cheaper; and
b) Other places may have items that HLJ don't have in stock at a given moment. :2cents:

HLJ is a very reliable retailer in my experience. I just prefer MediaMixHobby and Hiroboy and Strada Sports and some others.

drunken monkey
03-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd bet my boxes too but I need them to put things in.

The reason why I say there's not much need to mention others right now is because the OP is asking about HLJ and if they are still as good as they used to be.
Cost and stock issues aren't reflective of their service.

Strangely enough, of all the good things I've heard about MediaMixHobby, I've only used them once and it wasn't good for me. It invloved an order that I didn't receive and an email that wasn't responded to.
This was a way back though.

On the other hand, HLJ have always been 100% for me.

I can't actually recall anyone having a single bad thing to say about HLJ's service apart from weird posting habits a few years back.

360spider
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM
HLJ service is great. Their prices are way up there.

drunken monkey
03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
y'know, I haven't actually bought anything from them since before Christmas and the weakening of the £.

Just did a quick price comparison of similar orders and well, ouch.
Prices aren't as friendly as before.

CrateCruncher
03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
y'know, I haven't actually bought anything from them since before Christmas and the weakening of the £.

Just did a quick price comparison of similar orders and well, ouch.
Prices aren't as friendly as before.

Welcome to our world!:grinyes:

91p10nizmo
03-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks guys for the help, i went a head and placed my order today. This is my first model purchase and build in over a year.:tongue:

tonioseven
03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I am a very happy HLJ customer!!!.
Me too.:sunglasse

Add your comment to this topic!