Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 classic HVAC vent flow

jimco23
03-29-2009, 10:27 AM
No matter what I set the HVAC flow control on, I get flow from all vents. On defrost, I still get flow from all vents. On defrost and feet setting, flow sill comes from the dash vents. Is there an easy fix?

manicmechanix
03-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't know that this will fix the problem but it's easy enough to do. Take the control panel out and check that the vacuum hoses that connect to the back of the mode selector switch are secure. But usually this problem makes the air not come out the corresponding vents in certain vent mode selections. I think the vacuum hose feed T's off the Evap line so you might check that it's secure.

I didn't think the air could come out all vents simultaneously. Your mode servo is probably bad and there's no easy fix to get to it.

jimco23
04-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks Manic
I did not pull the unit out but I did listen for the vacume to see if there was a leak. I don't hear a constant vacume but, I can hear the vacume working on every other setting when I change it. It activates on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th setting not sure if this is normal. Sorry for the late response, no rest for the weary.

Add your comment to this topic!