Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cam shaft and cam gears in b16a

GENONCARL
03-28-2003, 08:51 AM
Im picking up a b16a1 from LA and thinking of replacing cam shafts and cam gears. I was thinking of skunk2 are there any better brands out there. do i need to replace anything else if i do replace cam shaft and cam gears? What other mods can i do to gain hp and torque?

crxlvr
03-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by GENONCARL
Im picking up a b16a1 from LA and thinking of replacing cam shafts and cam gears. I was thinking of skunk2 are there any better brands out there. do i need to replace anything else if i do replace cam shaft and cam gears? What other mods can i do to gain hp and torque?

skunk2 is a very good braned, but it depends on how "wild" you want your cams. i personally will be running ctr cams in my car, but those, JUN, Spoon are all very good brands along with others.

cam gears are not really needed unless your car is heavily modified. when you take your cams out, you should replace the seals and the valve cover gasket while its off.

there are plenty of mods that can increase hp and tq, it all depends how much money you can spend, and how you want your motor to be set up, all motor or forced induction.

i hope this all helps.

Add your comment to this topic!