Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problems with my '88 camaro.

Dead1
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
i have a '88 camaro, had it for a few months, maybe six.
needs alot of work. lol ALOT. body is in good conditions, interior is not bad. but the latest problem was that two weeks ago, i went to rent a movie, and got back in, the car wouldn't stay on, it will start, but it will not stay on. one of my friends told me to clean the spark plugs, did so, but didn't work. what else could be a problem why it will not stay on, plz help me out. thx.

Morley
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Need more info... What engine & induction system? (carb, TPI, TBI, etc)
Is the check engine light on? Will it stay running if you push the gas pedal down?

Dead1
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Need more info... What engine & induction system? (carb, TPI, TBI, etc)
Is the check engine light on? Will it stay running if you push the gas pedal down?

hey whats up dude thx for your reply.
i have a 2.8 L V6 camaro
the check engine light is on
and no, it will not stay running if it keep my foot on the gas, it used to, not anymore. im not really sure what you mean by induction system?
can u be a lil more specific?

Genopsyde
03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
induction system is the method of fuel delivery. since you have a 2.8 it's fuel injection. since your check engine light is on, start there. do you know how to obtain the code?

Dead1
03-31-2009, 01:37 PM
induction system is the method of fuel delivery. since you have a 2.8 it's fuel injection. since your check engine light is on, start there. do you know how to obtain the code?

yeah dude i need a mass air flow sensor, coolant temp sensor, fuel filler neck, and the cap of the fuel pump, not the whole pump, but just the cap, my friend said it might be some little tear on a hose or something.

Add your comment to this topic!