Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Emission Status lights

jeffrollins
03-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi All,
first time posting here. Anyhoo, My 2002 Venture has been hard to start lately. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I turn the key and it looks like the power resets and sometimes my clock resets to 12:00. I have wiggled wired and harnesses but it will sometimes work and other times not. I hooked up my code reader and the following 3 lights are indicating an emission problem: C - catalyst monitor, EV - Evaporative system monitor, and 2A - Secondary Air system monitor. I don't know if these are related to the hard start issue or not. When it is hard to start, it dies when my foot is taken off the gas. So I have to double foot to drive. With one foot going through an intersection and slowing down in the turn, it sometimes dies. When it runs for a while, the dying problem almost always goes away. Any ideas? Is this one problem or 2? Help.
Just got thinking....may be another clue. When it resets the clock, the radio presets are still there. Is the clock time stored in the computer?...could my problem be with the computer/internal battery/power to computer? mmmmm

Add your comment to this topic!