Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 bird no run

baddeuce72
03-26-2009, 08:51 PM
got a 95 bird,runs like it only has 4 of 8 cyls. good fuel pressure, new opti spark unit and ecm wires and plugs 5 volts to dist. any one run into this? help

ctwright
03-26-2009, 09:08 PM
For the best advice, it's always best to add whether or not the new parts if any were installed pre or post problem. What do you mean when you say 5 volts to distributor? Check to make sure you have the correct firing order and check your distributor cap and rotor button.

92firebird
03-26-2009, 09:45 PM
try the fuel injectors my freind had the same problem

baddeuce72
03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
ok quick story, bought this car from a friend no run, had no spark talked to a lot of guys all sayed opti spark dist. are very common, so we put one on. yes i am 100% sure in is on correctly. still no run no pulse width no spark, found ground missing out of ecm, sent to dealer they installed ecm had spark and pulse no but still did not run. dealer sayed plugs fouled bad wanted 600 to install plugs and wires, did myself now if you are reading what i am writing you know my mechanical ability. fuel pressure is 51psi, i did changed fuel injectors, i does run but poorly, no throttle response cant rev it up and idles like only on 4 cyls, but all injectors have pulse, pullin out my hair on this one, have all factory svc manuals. startin to wonder if not engine relared and more towards a power issure with the ign key cyl switch not sending proper volts to ecm? ant thoughts would be great

wrightz28
03-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I'd check the TPS out backprobe the wiring while connected and you should .50 +/- and then as you slowly open the throttle to WOT it should steadly climb to 4.50 +/-. If the meter losses reading at any point, the TPS is bad. Also since you have the manuals, make sure the inital setting of the TPS is correct.

Other than that, sure you don't have a clogged cat?

Add your comment to this topic!