Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cruise Control not working on 01 4.6 f150

supersaiyian
03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Hello I was hoping some one might be able to help me. I am researching a problem with the cruise control not working on a used 01 f-150. My family and I are looking to buy this truck but after a quick test drive we realized the cruise doesn't work and also the power mirrors dont work either. All lights and every thing else seem to be fine. With the mirrors not working we are thinking it might just be as simple a fuse and if not what else it could be. It is a really nice truck and I would have to pass it up if it had a easily fixable problem. Thanks for your time and anything would help and if possible if it is the fuse I was wondering if any one would know where to find a fuse box diagram.

Selectron
03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
You can download a free copy of the owner's manual in PDF format from this Ford site (https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp) - that will have fusebox diagrams plus a list of the fuse functions (usually towards the back of the manual, in the Roadside Emergencies section).

You'll also find power distribution diagrams and wiring diagrams in the free Repair Guides section at www.autozone.com - they just changed the website a couple of weeks ago and I think you might now have to register to access them, but that's quick and easy and free.

Do you know if that's the 2-wheel drive model or the 4-wheel drive? I was going to take a look at the wiring diagrams to see if there's a common factor in those circuits which you mentioned.

supersaiyian
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I thank you for all your help it was helpful but I wasn't able to even take a look at the fuses the dealer wouldn't even run the codes on the truck. I don't think he really wants to sale it. Once again thank you for a prompt response and all your help.

Selectron
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Wow that's a bit strange eh, especially when the economy is in recession - you'd think they'd be eager to make sales. Good luck in finding another one.

Add your comment to this topic!