Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how to trick out...

seththaevilone
03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
hey guys, soon i'm getting a volvo s70 for my first car, and i'm wondering what is the cheapest performance and visual mods i can get for it. I want to make it not only look fast, but be fast as well. It is the AWD model. any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Seth

CassiesMan
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
What year? And for my help, you must go talk to Ronnie and get me one of his toys...

CassiesMan
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok, so I just looked it up, and it looks like the S40 only had one generation run, so year doesn't really matter to much. Least thats how it looks to me. Your best bet is to head to ipdusa.com. They did a spread in eurotuner or European Car a while back, can't really remember when. But I do remember that they had some pretty quick cars with varrying levels of bolt ons, which is what your gonna want. I assume that despite beeing Sweedish, the S70 lives and breaths like any other turbo car would, so look for air flow mods for now, and down the line you'll have some room for bigger turbos, meth injection, etc.

Check out Sweedespeed, decent forum dedicated to fast Volvos and Saabs. However, just an advanced heads up, you'll suffer from the Euro Tax, i.e. any car from Europe has aftermarket parts that are outragously priced compared to the parts for Asian and Domestic cars. You'll have it even worse because Volvo doesn't exactly have a huge aftermarket following. Also, another user on here as some fast Volvos, L8 APEKS. Give him a shout via PM, he'd be able to help you better than most of us.

A good buddy of mine had an 850 Turbo for a first car, late 90s I think. It was pretty fun little ride, we did a bit of work to it and it could scoot pretty good. Well, at least to a bunch of highschoolers it did.

CassiesMan
03-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Communist double post....GAH

Add your comment to this topic!