95 eclipse gs blue smoke won't start

hcruz32
03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey i'm new to this forum but i'll keep this as clear as possible for everyone. I have a 95 eclipse gs 2.0 non turbo DOHC. Umm my problem with it is i try to start it up and after 15 seconds it backfires blue smoke. the bottom of the motor maybe in the exhuast not sure. But when it does it leaks oil when it backfires only from the back off the motor. Not sure if its a head gasket. Or somewhere in the muffler system. I got it to turn over for 30 seconds the whole car shakes like hell and blue smoke went everywhere from the engine bay and the back of the muffler. i'm not sure if its from the motor or from the muffler. But it came out both areas. Does anyone have the same problem or know what it mite be? Bad o2 sensor,oil pump,water pump head gasket? Like i said it turned over but shoke everywhere. It has blue spark so thats fine and its firing on all 4 wires. Can anyone help me?

ctwright
03-20-2009, 09:36 PM
blue smoke is a sign of a blown head gasket, could be other things as well though, maybe piston rings or something else serious I'm not sure.

the reason for the blue smoke is oil getting in with gas and air in the cylinder when it's firing

Add your comment to this topic!