Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

title issues

murda reign
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
i bought a truck from a friend but it was not in his name.... it was in his sisters name and shes stays out in atlanta georgia....she signed the title over and got it notarized but my friend sold to me for a different price then what was stated on the back of the title....we ended up scratching the price out on the back of the title and found out that it had been altered... we cannot get ahold of his sister anymor eand im stuck trying to put it in my name.... what do i do

oldblu65
03-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I think your only option is to somehow find his sister and get her to write out a deposition , have it notarized and take that to the DMV . Usually if the stated price on a title isn't appropriate for the specific vehicle , they will use the Black Book they have for the value of said vehicle . If you're trying to tell them you paid a lower cost than their book shows for this particular vehicle , you'll have to get a deposition from the previous owner showing the actual price you paid for it .Good luck , hope this helped ? Let us know how this turns out !

Add your comment to this topic!