Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Bravada problems

otf649
03-16-2009, 05:25 AM
I have a 2000 Bravada with a broken hood latch cable, gas gauge fluctuates from full to empty when actually maybe 1/2 full, buttons stick on roof message center that gives you the mpg average, ect. I have a new replacement cable for the hood. Can I slide out the old inner cable and slide out the new inner cable in or are there to many bends to do that? Let me know on the other possible fixes on the other stuff. Sorry if these are on past threads. I looked at some and didn't find my answers.Thanks, Andy.

duke350
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I do not think you will be able to slide the inner cable out and slide in a new one. If you look at the design you will see what I mean. The easiest way I have found would be to remove (or carefully pull back) the grill or panel, unclip the clips along the way, go under the dash and remove the bolts and get it freed up. Once everything is freed up, tie a string or wire to the end under the hood. From the fender, pull the cable and string. Then go about halfway back and pull the cable and string again. Once the cable is to this point you should be able to pull it out from the inside. Make sure you leave enough slack on the string so it doesn't break. Once you get the old cable out, tie the end of the new one on the string and pull it through at the same points. It may help to have 2 people, one to pull it, one to feed it.

Add your comment to this topic!