Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Honda Accord radiator

renchhednot
03-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi all- I need to replace the radiator on my '91 Accord. Is this going to be difficult? Can anyone give me a heads up on how many bolts hold it down, etc.? I would like to do it myself if not too hard. Thanks for the replies.

mpumas
03-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Not hard at all. As I remember it, the hardest part of the whole thing is getting the fan shroud off the radiator while it is still in placemn(3 or 4 bolts). Then there are the two radiator hoses, then the transmission cooler hoses and sensor leads. The radiator is held in place by top plates which captures a couple pins from the radiator. Remove the radiator from the top. It has been over 13 years since I removed mine.

somick
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Few years ago I replaced a radiator on my son's 95 LX. Nothing special and not very hard.

The bad part was that after a couple of months the transmission hose developed a leak and we lost all transmission fluid in an instant. So as long as you are there and considering the car's age I recommend you to replace those two little hoses and probably the bottom radiator hose as well.

Good luck,

Sam

Add your comment to this topic!