Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuel pressure probs

transgta
03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
OK i never get help on other forums some im coming to u guys. I have an 89 gta trans am. last summer i had fuel issues sometimes it ran sometimes not. I put new pump new filter even new sending unit in. Parked for winter since has only 30 k miles just got it out.Drove hour perfect now its bak. It runs good psi is at 60 at idle. When i hammer it goes to 40 psi needless to say not enuff. just drivn normal itll start jrkn like its gonna die but usually comes out of it. Ive tried it all i use only best premium fuel etc. No responses on any other forums please give me somethn to try cause i dont wanna take to a shop. Its nevr seen rain i wanna keep it that way..THANKS DAVE

big white bufflo
03-21-2009, 09:38 AM
this was posted on the ford f series forum so you might want to repost it but we will try to help the fuel pressure looks fine within range. this is old school stuff it warm when it bucksyou say thing to look at. the control moduel in the distbutor, tps if it cant hold a steady idl at stop lights or at cruise,cat could be plug if it still has one,plug wires, coil,i can say its not a fuel issue it something electronic get a manuel and read on trouble shooting and on what all those electroinc thing do that a nice car with the miles like that I wouldnt get rid of the car just learn to work on it that why im here i have a 92 buick 97f350 and enjoy working on car on the side hope i was of some help just repost this on the GM THREAD

transgta
03-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for ur input but i put a new gas cap on and problems resolved. This has haunted me for a few years never dreamed this was my fix.

Add your comment to this topic!