Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Braking Problems

frehleycomet
03-13-2009, 06:06 AM
I have a 94 Tracker that when I drive at normal local streets or highway speeds it drives great. When I have to apply the brakes at normal speeds or at highway speeds the front end of the car shakes like crazy. Lately I started getting a noise that sounds like metal clanging together but it doesn't do it all the time. The shaking of the car does shake everytime I apply the brakes. I have changed both rotors, the brake pads and both calipers plus I bled the 2 front tires where I changed the calipers and it still does the shaking. This is a 2 rear wheel drive not a 4 wheel drive or front wheel drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Other than my clutch cable snapping one time I have never had any problems with this car until now. Please help thanks.

Scotty89
03-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Id check the runout on the wheel hubs where the rotor mounts onto the vehicle. Id also check the wheel bearings. I have a 96 Tracker and i recently changed the front left wheel bearings. In my case the bearings wasnt making any noises or causing a vibration, but it could be part of the problem.

frehleycomet
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Can you please explain exactly what to check for and how to remove the bearings. I have manualy check the suspension for anything loose and felt nothing odd. How do I check the bearings and what is the runout on the wheel hubs that you mentioned? Thanks for responding to this.

Add your comment to this topic!