Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 eclipse GS problem need help

bearterror23
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
i bought a 93 eclipse gs and it worked fine for awhile but just recently i noticed that it is hard to get into 1st 2nd and Reverse. it doesnt grind into the gears its just hard to get them in. also sometimes they work fine so thats why i think there might be a problem.i dont know much about 5spd and know even less about these type of cars. i havent been driving it just in case this is a serious problem. it has the 2.0l motor not sure if that matters.

thanks

david-b
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
i bought a 93 eclipse gs and it worked fine for awhile but just recently i noticed that it is hard to get into 1st 2nd and Reverse. it doesnt grind into the gears its just hard to get them in. also sometimes they work fine so thats why i think there might be a problem.i dont know much about 5spd and know even less about these type of cars. i havent been driving it just in case this is a serious problem. it has the 2.0l motor not sure if that matters.

thanks

How many miles are on the tranny? It sounds like either you throw out bearing or more likely your synchros are going out. However, how's the fluid? Good levels? When was the last time the tranny fluid was changed?

bearterror23
03-16-2009, 01:40 PM
How many miles are on the tranny? It sounds like either you throw out bearing or more likely your synchros are going out. However, how's the fluid? Good levels? When was the last time the tranny fluid was changed?

the tranny has a little over 200,000. all the fluids seem good. i just bought the car a month ago so im not sure when the last time the fluid was changed.

david-b
03-16-2009, 02:35 PM
the tranny has a little over 200,000. all the fluids seem good. i just bought the car a month ago so im not sure when the last time the fluid was changed.

That's a lot of miles for a tranny. May be looking at a rebuild. I'm guessing it's the syncros at that age.

Add your comment to this topic!