Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Pump Relay Location 95 Sentra???????

ctwright
03-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi, I have a 95 Nissan Sentra and need to know the location of my fuel pump relay. All the Haynes manual for the vehicle says is relay box. The only relay box I have yet to come across is the one under the hood on the passenger side of the vehicle. Makes me mad that that is all the manual says for the relay but yet they have a picture of the fuse box showing the location of the fuel pump fuse. Anyways that was in chapter 4. And I also looked in chapter 12 no help their either, found a picture of the relay box I already know about though, lol.

The relays in the box I already know about has only relays for fog lamp, radiator fan, air conditioner, clutch, inhibit, horn and keyless ignition, all the rest are for the anti-theft system. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

ctwright
03-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I finally found a diagram for it online, my Haynes manual lied to me. In case anyone else needs to know like I did, the location is behind the instrument panel.

ctwright
03-14-2009, 10:32 AM
I just wanted come back and add incase anyone else has the same problem, because I'm sure they will if they are using their Haynes manual and trying to find their fuel pump relay it is NOT in any relay box.

The problem I had wound up being my fuel pump unfortunately and had to replace it.

The fuel pump relay wasn't actually behind the instrument panel, but close up towards it, it's not in any relay box.

The best way to get to it is to take off the lower part of the dash beneath the steering will. Lay on your back on the floor board. It's up close to the bottom of the instrument panel mounted on a bracket. The relay is mounted vertically. It's on the left side of the steering column if you are sitting in your seat facing the steering will. It has a blk/wht wire and blk/ylw wire as part of your power circuit, and blk/blu and blk/pnk as part of your control circuit. The blk/ylw wire is the one that has to have 12 volts positive on it for your fuel pump to run, that wire travels down your your drivers side of the car along with others in a harness and that wire goes directly to your fuel pump. I got the color code information from the Haynes manual, that was correct in chapter 12 in the electrical diagrams and is how I knew I had the right relay because there isn't anything labled for it where it is located.

And please, if anyone else working on any vehicle found out the answer to their problem elsewhere and don't need to come back to see if their question has been answered, come back and answer it yourself anyway it might help someone else having the same problem.

bakerboy1176
06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
my 94 nissan sentra wont start it is getting fuel to the filter but it really tries to start but it backfires and a little smoke what could it be any suggestions

Add your comment to this topic!