Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Dodge Neon- Reposted

marrtinn23
03-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a car here that is leaking out all oil that I put in it, It's leaking out the beside the passenger side tire in the front. It's making the car ride rough and I need to know if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it.

And I also have a major gas leak, I put gas in the car and it comes out beside the rear tire on the passenger side.

Im clueless when It comes to cars so I need some ideas of what it could be...

Airjer_
03-11-2009, 10:37 PM
My first thought is a cam seal for the oil leak. Romoving the upper timming cover will confirm this.

A quick look under the car should reveal where it is leaking fuel?

marrtinn23
03-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I kno nothing about cars.. but i do know its leaking under the front passenger side tire

marrtinn23
03-12-2009, 10:41 AM
does anyone know anything i can try to get this problem fixed

Airjer_
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Remove the upper timing cover. Look to see if the cam seal is popped out of the head. If it is the T-belt will probably be covered in oil as well.

Look under the car. Where is the fuel coming from? is it a fuel line? is it a fuel filter? Is it the fuel tank? If you cant tell us what you see than we have no idea what to tell you to replace/repair!

RichardBriscoe
03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
-if the oil is leaking out as fast as your putting it in and the engine is misfiring or running rough most likely theres a crack in the block spitting out oil and compression which would cause the runablility issue and the oil leak at the same time.
-A cam seal will leak oil but not cause rough idle or comression loss...
-if there is gas right next to the gas tank then most likely the filler neck is broken somewhere or there is a crack in the tank, remember the filler neck sits right above the tire...
-if you have a 2.0, they had head gasket problems ever since they were make where they would blow external oil leaks from the back of the head gasket...
-the answer is one of these options...

marrtinn23
03-13-2009, 12:03 AM
if it is the block. how hard and costly is it to get it fixed. I was told that the rough idling was bc there was no oil in the car. And yes the oil comes out pretty fast.

Airjer_
03-13-2009, 12:30 AM
you would replace the motor with either a new or used one.

Godofwarmike
03-13-2009, 12:35 AM
when my car blew the cam seal it leaked all the oil out within about a mile and when i poured oil in some of it ran out the seal. car ran just fine. now when it blew the head gasket it ran like crap and leaked oil. also if i let it sit for a few days then started it. it wouldnt run unless you idled it up a bit for a few mins and black smoke clouded around the rear of the car.

as for the gas sounds like your fuel filler neck is shot.

depending on how many miles are on your car and how old it is. it might be better to junk it as a new fuel filler can run you up a lot of money just for the part itself. and changing the seal or whatever is wrong with the car and be quite costly and isnt something that can be easily replaced unless you are handy with cars so a mechanic would have to do it.

marrtinn23
03-13-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm having a friend look at the motor today.

the car has 120,000 miles on it and it's a 99

Add your comment to this topic!