Welcome Back Cassiesman!!!

jeepgclwj
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to say that. Hope you had a good time on your vacation...

VR43000GT
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I really didn't want to reply like the other 20 people who viewed this thread and didn't give two shits about Cassie but I felt the need to point it out. :D

CassiesMan
03-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks! The vacation was/has been...interesting. To say the least. I see things have been pretty quiet in my absence, maybe we can change that up. I might start sending some people here because the street racing discussions are dead on my local car club thread are dead, and I know from experience the actual racing is anything but. Things have been going decent for me in the real world. Things with the friends and girl are awesome. Things at work suck ass. I've basically resigned myself to the fact that before the year is up, assuming I don't get my shit together with two other endeavors I'm working on, I'll be jobless. Fun fun. Also trying to join a local car club that is full of sweet action cars. Five or six M5s, boosted M3s, Corvettes, a Ford GT, Porsches, two GTRs and an R33 GT-R, and some others. I'm going on the fact that the only reason I don't have a cool car is I'm broke.

The Speed is doing ok all things considered. I had a run in with someone I've taken to calling the Crazy Swede, which left a nice little dent on my right front fender. Nothing I can't fix myself if I just stop being lazy. Also got a Wal Mart tag. She's running kinda icky now, big boost leak we just can't seem to pin point. Passed a soap test, compression is fine in the intercooler, so we are thinking its somewhere at the turbo, or in the plumbing. I'm not really spending a ton of cash on her right now, trying to save up to move, and to buy another E36. Either a M3 and just do a few basic bolt ons, or find a super high mileage E46 330ci, tack and extra 12k onto the cost of the car and send it out to HPF in Oregon to get one of their first 330i turbo kits.

However, mods are coming in for the Speed3 outa necessity. Factory brakes are outrageously expensive, so I'm getting some slotted rotors and red stuff pads installed for less than the cost of just the parts for stock brakes. Silicone hoses to see if we can solve the boost leak if its in the plumbing are going in soon. Also been doing a ton of work on other people's cars for side cash. Couple of 3ers, some Mazdaspeed3s, my friends' IS300 and STI, and helping out here and there with a 450whp Civic project.

Racing has been quiet, real rough winter this year. On a back road cruise with some other Mazda guys, got into it on a wide open access road with an S2k...even with a boost leak I didn't have to much trouble pulling very cleanly on him. A new Sentera SE-R also wanted to play, but bus lengths were in order from a 75-130 run. Also rode along in a C6 Z06 in the DFW Cannonball last Saturday....hoooooo eeee that was fun. Wouldn'ta minded running it myself though, even if I wouldn't have been able to touch any one out there. Almost all Z06s, regular Vettes, and Porsches with two Ferraris, a Gallardo Spyder, a DBS, and about a dozen Evos. I've noticed they can't go anywhere unless they are in a pack.

Anyway, thats my life story so far. What is everyone else up too? I miss anything real fun around here?

Chiquae07
03-12-2009, 12:30 AM
welcome back cassies. i miss the pwnage on this forum.

not too much here, just workin, and selling my soul to the job. The nissan is gettin a crazy overhaull this summer. i'll have a thread up soon enough. if you were close, id have you help me out a little, and throw some cash in your direction.

VR43000GT
03-12-2009, 01:07 AM
450whp Civic? When does that thing catch traction? 120+?

CivRacer95
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome back, indeed.

CassiesMan
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
welcome back cassies. i miss the pwnage on this forum.

not too much here, just workin, and selling my soul to the job. The nissan is gettin a crazy overhaull this summer. i'll have a thread up soon enough. if you were close, id have you help me out a little, and throw some cash in your direction.

I'd love to help out, but Milwaukee is a biiiiiit long of a drive. I wanna see out it turns out though.

I really didn't want to reply like the other 20 people who viewed this thread and didn't give two shits about Cassie but I felt the need to point it out...

450whp Civic? When does that thing catch traction? 120+?

Dunno yet, just starting to finish up the motor. Its gonna be a roll racer though.

And to be honest, I have about 48 car dealerships out in the midwest gunning for me head, so someone not caring about me being around could be kinda nice, lol.

-The Stig-
03-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I give a shit. :(

Robert knows... I don't need to post. lol

CassiesMan
03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I give a shit. :(

Robert knows... I don't need to post. lol

Indeed I do, and no, you don't lol.

I love you too man.

jeepgclwj
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I was being sincere...

As for me. I have finished up the job in Texas and am happy to be out of that fucked up state. No offense but you can have it.

I am now in Natchitoches,Louisiana working at a shutdown which ends next Friday. I just got that news today and the company I work for is slow.

That sucks, but after a little over a year being on the road I could use a couple months chilling at the house. I just got back after being home for a week and I am carsick. I wanna go drive my new toy...

In due time though. It looks like I might be joining the ranks of the unemployed here soon. I doubt I will file for any benefits as long as I go back to work within 2 months. I have exhaust, LT's, and LS6 intake fund sitting aside but can turn into living money real quick...

Anyway glad your back...

CassiesMan
03-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Pssht, why leave Texas? I love this place!

GForce957
03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
welcome back sir, I have been looking for a job, school stuff, trying to get the fd swap together, but I need that one little detail - cash.

Add your comment to this topic!