Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Flocking Problem

Some_Kid
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Im currently trying to flock an interior with the white glue method. The problem is I can't really start it. I put some flocking in a strainer and tried to sift it to get out the hard formations first. The problem is hardly any flocking is sifting out at all. I tried several times and I cleaned the strainer just to make sure and I'm still having the same problem. This strainer has worked for me perfectly before. Bad flocking material maybe?

Im using detail master tan flocking btw.

MPWR
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
A few years ago, Klutzski came up with what may be the definitive way of using flocking (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=554434). I uses double sided carpet tape instead of white glue. It gives much superior results (the white glue technique is actually rather awful), and you don't have to sift- you can press the flocking directly onto the tape, and then brush off the excess.

ratpackv8sonly
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I have been using the white glue method for years and it works well. I use a small salt sheaker to apply and store the flocking. works well and if you need it to come out faster just tap the salt sheaker while appying. I have used the detail master brand as well as Kens Furry Stuff.

KevHw
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I've never sifted my flocking when applying it...just brushed on some PVA glue then sprinkled on the flocking. Pressed it in lightly and then shook off the excess. "Klutz Kustom Karpets" I think gives more accurate control over what gets covered (size, shape etc) but then there's more work in getting the mask right. Personal preferences at the end of the day.

Add your comment to this topic!