Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no limit

Negative3Five
10-22-2001, 09:17 PM
ok, First off I would just like to say I just bought a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R and I want to know how I could get the fastes lap times out of it and still use it for daily driving. If u could i would like your to list exterior mods like: Spoilers, Body Kits, Lights, Tint, rims, and stuff like that, that u think looks the best. Secound, I would like to know what body mods inside look the best: Shift Knobs, gas pedals, seats, seatbelts, Audio System. Last, I want to know what is the fasts Honda/Acura engine I can drop in their along with changing the pistons spark plugs crank arm, everything and how much nos i can put in their. Baisicly i want to know what the fasts engine is I can put in their and every mod i can do to it and if i should add A nitrous system and/or turbo charger. Remember money isn't a option so i would like it to look phat as hell, run fast as hell, and have the best audio system on the block. Thnx for your help ahead of time.

JD@af
10-23-2001, 09:18 PM
I'll give you advice on the going fast part. If money is truly not an option, I'd get a B20 block (resleeved with ductile iron) with B17A crankshaft, keep your cylinder head (but get it ported and add Crower turbo springs and Crower titanium retainers), get special pistons and rods from Endyn, and get a turbo. Make your exhaust system all 3" plumbing with a nice muffler (your best options are probably Thermal or Apexi), and if you run enough boost, go for a pricey but very high flowing STR intake manifold.

I've heard that the only CARB legal turbo system is the Greddy, so if you live in Cali, that's what I'd get. If you don't live in Cali, I'd get a Rev hard turbo system. Nitrous is cool and can pull some amazing times in the 1320, but beyond that it's just not very flexible or practical.

For handling, I'm very happy with my Koni yellows shocks and Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs (you can go for the Eibach Sport Line kit for an even more aggressive drop - 1¾" to 2½" - but you'll need to get an alignment after such a radical reduction in ride height), and Suspension Techniques sway bars. There are some great coilover kits around, like the Skunk2, but I chose the Koni and Eibach combo.

My advice on all the other bullshit: fuck it. Throw all your money into making your car fast, and make it a sleeper. It will be loud enough so that you won't be able to appreciate the clarity of a good stereo, and consider the following for the ass-getting aspect of a "fine" car.

Let's say you pull up next to a Ferrari. No matter how cool your car looks (you could have custom gull wing doors, some crazy hydraulic shit, etc.), you will never look as good or draw as much attention as the Ferrari. So the Ferrari driver already has a disposition in this scenario to take home that piece of ass ("POA") that's up for grabs. But, let's say you build up your turbo system that you smoke the Ferrari in a race (which can be done, by the way), well, now the tables have turned. Because no matter what the car is, the POA will have a disposition to head for the winner's circle. Just some food for thought on the issue of visual mods :D

M-type
12-01-2001, 07:11 PM
a few thing to add to above .... go with all engine mods, but exterior stuff is not that necessary. I myself like to keep it looking like a sleeper. The most i'm gonna get is a try R spoiler for my turbo GSR and a carbon fiber hood and the factory ground effects. The carbon fiber hood will look nice if you have a black integ. As for the interior, if you have all black leather, go get your self some cheap obx or the expensive razo polished alluminum petals. The alluminum petals will show up real nice in an all black interior. get your self a short shifer and put a momo knob for it. get some recardo or sparco bucket seats (they are comfortable and useful). As for the sound system, if money is not a problem, go on the internet and search for phoenix gold amps and go to the alphine website and look up the gold/silver series speakers (the kind they dont sell in stores). if you wanna keep your car dont use NOS. Unless you have all the mods mentioned above dont use NOS. if you have the mods, you can get a 50hp boost NOS, which your engine can probably handle. this is just a few suggestions, i'll post more when i can think of other stuff. hope this helps

drift
12-02-2001, 08:21 PM
fastest lap times? road racing/autocrossing?

best bet... change your tyres for DOT legal racing tyres. with a good driver, you'll drop 3-4 seconds off your lap times due to enhanced traction. Kumho's Victorracer tyres are cheap at $480 a set and for the price, will net you much better times over any other mod you can do.

as for the street, just mount the tyres on a second set of rims and swap at the races.

also realise, if you're autocrossing, the tyres i recommended will push you into the Street Modified or any other Street Prepared classes. They arent legal for Stock or Street Touring classes. as for road racing, they are legal for all classes.

if you dont want tyres, then work on your suspension. a properly matched, tuned, and calibrated suspension and cornerweighting will shave a couple seconds off your times due to the ability to late brake more easily, maintain traction, and exit smoothly compared to a stock suspension setup.

for autocrossing, motor power should be your last modifications... you dont have too many straights to make up on time, the corners will make or break you. once you've got the car handling corners well, then start making power to give you a little more speed on the small straights

Add your comment to this topic!