Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

p1000

hstl365
03-05-2009, 05:20 PM
i have had my codes read and they are p1000 and p0193 does anyone know what would fix these codes???

shorod
03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
When is the last time the codes were cleared? The P1000 code designates that the system readiness tests have not been completed since the last time the codes were cleared. If you recently have not had the codes cleared, you might consider replacing your battery.

What year is your LS and which engine does it have?

The P0193 code indicates a Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Input issue. One possible cause of this code could be related to the battery voltage as well. Depending on the age of the battery, I'd consider replacing it since if it's near the typical battery life, you'll need it sooner than later anyway. If the battery is pretty new, then you should make sure the cable connections are clean and secure. Following that would be to check the fuel pressure at the rail.

-Rod

hstl365
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
its a 2000 v6. i haven't had the codes cleared. i replaced the battery, but it is not a stock battery its a interstate. do you know what the fuel rail pressure should be? do you know where i would be able to get a repair manual for this car?

shorod
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
The fuel rail pressure, either engine running or key on engine off, should be between 30 and 65 psi according to the factory service manual.

You can get a factory service manual from Helm, Inc. or you can get the same information from a web-based service with a subscription fee from Alldatadiy.com. You may be able to access limited, aftermarket, repair info and wiring diagrams for free from Autozone's Repair Information site. This information will be similar to what you'd find in a Chilton or Haynes manual.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!