Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lardedo in Need of Major Work

yate007
03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Hello all,
Hope all is well. I have a Jeep as captioned. It is in pretty bad shape. I will be very honest and as detailed as possible about the work that needs to be done. I am looking for a estimate of its value in Georgia. The car needs a torque clutch, however other major work that needs to be done is causing me to question whether or not it is worth it to fix the car or just resort to other options to get a new car.

~Broken Sun Roof
~Smashed Passnger Doors
~Worn Bumper
~Stained and extremely worn front and rear seats that are leather. Also there is a rip in the back seat.
~Worn Wood Grain
~Broken heated seats
~Tweeters are blown
~Basically entire interior minus carpets is damaged

If this is too broad of a question. I am at least curious what the torque clutch is going to cost me parts and labor minus tax.

reekor
03-04-2009, 01:44 AM
My guess is that you mean Torque Converter. The part costs about $200 and you get $50 back for the core. book time on the repair is 4 hours. So whatever the shop rate is per hour time fours. If its $75 an hour you are looking at $300 labor plus cost of part. So about $400- $500 sounds right.

Hello all,
Hope all is well. I have a Jeep as captioned. It is in pretty bad shape. I will be very honest and as detailed as possible about the work that needs to be done. I am looking for a estimate of its value in Georgia. The car needs a torque clutch, however other major work that needs to be done is causing me to question whether or not it is worth it to fix the car or just resort to other options to get a new car.

~Broken Sun Roof
~Smashed Passnger Doors
~Worn Bumper
~Stained and extremely worn front and rear seats that are leather. Also there is a rip in the back seat.
~Worn Wood Grain
~Broken heated seats
~Tweeters are blown
~Basically entire interior minus carpets is damaged

If this is too broad of a question. I am at least curious what the torque clutch is going to cost me parts and labor minus tax.

Add your comment to this topic!