Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Cav 2.2 no start

tempfixit
03-02-2009, 08:34 PM
95 Cav 2.2 engine Auto 2 door

This is a flood damaged vehicle that was unknown to neighbor until title transfer was made.

Neighbor changed the VSS to try fixing a shifting problem. Since then car won not start. Checked all fuses and were fine. Removed PCM and contacts were corroded, Installed different PCM but did not change EPROM. I believe the EPROM from old PCM needs to be installed in new/used PCM, is that correct or the new/used PCM needs to be flashed to vin #.

Not sure if there is a passlock system on vehicle, if so is there a relearn procedure for a 95 passlock. I have found the relearn procedure for 96 and newer but has failed to work to date.

Where is the passlock light located on the instrument panel for the passlock system?

Any input and advice is greatly appreciated.

J-Ri
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't think the PCMs on the 95s need to be programmed (99% sure), but you do need to change the EPROM. Check spark, fuel, and compression; then figure out why it's not there. Diagnose it just like you would any other crank-no-start, maybe something was knocked loose replacing the VSS, maybe it's just a coincidence.

manicmechanix
03-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Actually the 95's were a transition between obd1 and 2. They have the obd2 pcm that has to be flashed and the obd2 diagnostic connector. However, otherwise they are actually obd1. They're odd ball giving you all the headaches of obd2 but none of the added benefits. I think this pcm will need to be flashed.

Add your comment to this topic!