Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Park Ave

ParkAveMan
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
i have an issue with my AC/HEAT. When I got in the car this morning, i turned my heat on to warm the old girl up and no air blew. AT ALL.... no matter what temperature, no matter how high I turned it, nothing happened. can someone, anyone point me in the right direction on this issue? I am looking for the fuse to the blower motor, to see if possibly that is the issue.

brcidd
03-02-2009, 06:21 PM
With ignition on, tap on the blower motor housing with a blunt object- if it starts, then you have a worn out blower motor-- most likely scenario..

imidazol97
03-03-2009, 06:36 AM
i have an issue with my AC/HEAT. When I got in the car this morning, i turned my heat on to warm the old girl up and no air blew. AT ALL.... no matter what temperature, no matter how high I turned it, nothing happened. can someone, anyone point me in the right direction on this issue? I am looking for the fuse to the blower motor, to see if possibly that is the issue.

If tapping on the motor starts it you likely have found your problem.

If it doesn't, you may have a blower motor control module that's bad. This is the speed control if you have the automatic tempterature control. If you have a manual lever on the dash to change blower speed you have resistors instead and your fan would have turned on when you switched to highest speed because it's a different circuit.

The blower control module is close to the blower motor but between the blower housing and the relay center on the firewall. The relay center unbolts with 2 screws and can be moved slightly to get room to remove the blower control module.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/imidazol97/10-03-07015.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!