Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need a bigger carb

inglewatt102
03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I was going to change out my edelbrock 600 with a holley 650 but I have a performer intake and dont think they will match up,can I buy an adapter or do I have to buy an edelbrock 650 which will cost more money.

novaboy22
06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
ok unless edelbrock made the manifold with only one set of bolt holes on the carb pad then you can use a holley, theyve always been pretty good about making manifolds to accept spread and square bore carbs. go on theyre website, find your intake and look at the specs, if it says it can accept square bore then great. if not, i believe they do make an adapter, mr. gasket probably does too. i dont blame you for switching to holley, edelbrock sucks.

Dennis321
03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
You can definitely put a Holley carb on the Edlebrock intake, however I would NOT reccomend doing this. Why don't you re-jet the carb that you have instead of buying a new carb? Not to mention Holley's are a pain the A$$ big time. If you backfire you'll need to rebuild the carb every time you do it. Holley's are nothing but trouble. Stick with your Edlebrock carb and rejet it to get the fuel you need. You'll be much better off. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!