Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FS: 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Minnesota

2of9
02-28-2009, 12:30 PM
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #808/1000
$5800
I am open for offers.

I am the 3rd owner. Second owner rebuilt the engine at 40,000 miles. The car drives extremely great for a DD. It has not failed on me once and it actually gets decent mpg on road trips. This car is getting more rare every day. This is also a RARE 92 Model that comes with a fully functional sunroof. I also have rain guards that are super rare to obtain for this car. I’m giving away a lot of things I was going to do the car, but I have no time to do it. Stuff I’m letting go with it are the Enkei Rims, 2G MAS, KYB AGX struts with H&R springs, 3 92’ Galant VR4 rims(2 with really good tires on them still). I still have the trunk cloth if you want it. This car is flawless. It’s an awesome beast to drive around but I’m selling it because there are things in life that I must accomplish first before this. My plan was to FULLY restore it but time is not with me and can’t do so.

MOD LIST:- The cylinder head was ported on both intake and exhaust sides, upgraded valve guides and bigger lifters. Right now, it has about 75,000 miles on the engine. 208,000 on the body
- Bored .020 over
- All new rings, pistons, and bearings
- Ported 2g manifold with Mitsu 4-layer exhaust manifold gasket
- Ported o2 housing
- Big 16g turbo, ported exhaust housing. I had 92Talon/TkrPerformance(Mark) fix and re-thread a broken bolt on the exhaust side with a new 7cm gasket. So there are NO exhaust leaks or broken bolts holding the turbo to the manifold.
- 3 inch exhaust system with Apexi muffler
- HKS Super Megaflow intake (I will include the 2g MAS)
- MAP Intercooler Pipings with FMIC
- 550 fuel injectors
- Walbro 190 (I will include the 255)

TRANSMISSION:
Rebuilt at 100,000 miles at Mitsu Dealer
- All brass syncros used
- 1g short shifter
- ACT 2100 clutch and disc
- Tranny shifts smooth
NOTE: I changed the Tranny Fluid to Redline Fluids about 5,000 miles ago.

ELECTRONICS:
- Technomotive Stage 3 Eprom ECU Mod: It has the stutterbox, injector read, O2 read, battery voltage read, and a variable RPM launch; all measured and controlled through the factory dash
- SAFC (owner before me had it tuned by LSE) I’ve had it slightly tuned to compensate the FMIC and injectors.
- Apexi Electronic turbo timer- doesn’t work but is fixable I just haven’t had the time to.
- Greddy Profec-B Electronic Boost Controller
- Boost Gauge
- Installed HID 8K
- Alpine Deck with controller
- Stock stereo system and it’s clear!
- K40 radar

INTERIOR:
- No leather cracks
- black leather interior

THE BAD:
- Will need 2 front axles. They are clicking while turning.
- Only rust spots are on Driver Rear Door and Driver Fender.
- The ABS motor is toasted and you’ll need a new one.

THE GOOD:
- NO LEAKS! The car doesn’t leak at all!!
- Everything in the car works and functions. The AWS, a/c, p/s, and cruise control all work and function perfectly.
- I will include KYB AGX struts with H&R Springs that will lower the car slightly.
- I will add the 16” Enkei RS5 rims with no tires, if you want.
- P205/55R15 Falken 512 with the 91 rims (Tires have about 65% use as of right now)
- Just did an oil change on it. I always used AMSOIL 10W-30 since I’ve owned it.
- Just replaced the Alternator and it starts up quickly!

I will send the VIN to a moderator if needed

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/2of9/DSC_0161.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/2of9/galantvr-403.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/2of9/galantvr-407.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!