Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where am I doing wrong ?

nakturk
02-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Hi,
I wish I didn't open my second thread for such a subject but here it goes and need your comments please

I recently decided to buy some Revell Kits from an online US store where they have a fixed international s&h price and they also ask international buyers to e-mail first for any questions and this was what I did, although it was not my first order from those guys, so I know how they work already.

Greens are my mail and reds are shop's reply.

> Hello,
>
> Can you please tell me what is the limit for number of kits (AMT/Revell)
> per order for listed international shipping rate (8.99+23 USD) ?
>
> Please consider that I'm at Turkey.
>
> thank you

>You limit would be 4 kits, anything over i will have to get a shipping cost. for you. Thank you Corey

With my rather limited English, I understood that up to 4 kits I'll be able to ship for 8.99+23 = 31.99 USD.

Then I put an order for 4 Revell kits where each costs 10.50 USD which makes 42 USD total. Since their online shop system does not allow me to enter my real address (and as they used to ask that way) I put an fake US adress (given by them) and then put my real address into notes section. Which resulted in 42 USD (kits) + 8.99 USD (for s&h within US) = 50.99 USD total which I paid with PayPAL and started to wait for their request for 23 USD payment more.

Then I received a payment request for 30 USD more.

> xxxx xxxxx@pacific.net (rpphobby@pacific.net)) would like to be paid through PayPal.

>> Money Request Details
>> Amount: $30.00 USD
>> bla bla

7 dolars more would not hurt me of course, but I did ask already for limit and thought that there was a mistake so I asked once again

>Dear Corey,
>Thanks, but I put an order today for four kits as you replied and already paid kits + 8.99 part and now asked to pay 30 USD more where expecting 23 USD surcharge ?

>(Italy which is listed in your T&C page is no different than Turkey for USPS has 23 USD surcharge just like all other Europe destinations )

>Order number 0006995

>Can you please help me to understand

>Thank you

and that is what I received as reply

> You are not in the United States, If you would have put in the proper counrty you are in the shipping would have been 31.99 How can you think you would get 4 kits shipped across thw world for 8.99 Your order has been cancelled. Please buy elsewhere.

Then I replied as

I didn't expect to have my order shipped for 8.99 and this is not my first order from you guys.

If you read my first mail correctly, I asked you guys to tell me how many kits can I order for 8.99 + 23 international shipment cost where I clearly stated that I'm in Turkey and you returned as up to 4 kits is OK any more kits needs further math.

I put an order for 4x10.50USD kits which makes = 42 USD and then +8.99 = 50.99 USD which I already paid and expecting you guys to send me a request via PayPAL for rest of the payment since I'm NOT in US and I'm very well aware of it. But while expecting a 23 USD surcharge to be paid I got a 30 USD surcharge to pay, which is even not correct with respect to your last mail where you say if I would put proper country I would have 31.99 s&h cost (since I already paid 8.99, 31.99-8.99 still makes 23 USD more to pay) where I'm asked to pay 8.99 + 30 = 38.99 in total for shipment.

You say I didn't put proper country, isn't it your online system which don't let us to put international address but a fake address in US and then we international guys must give our real address in special notes section ?

English is of course not my native language thus I may have issues in understanding it but you guys live in US and you shouldn't.

I want my order shipped with correct s&h cost and don't get me wrong I'm not that cheap to die for 7 USD more but I'm not an idiot either.

Now they also blocked my IP address to Sign-in their online system (very childish) and not replying to my e-mails.

You may say go buy somewhere else they already refunded your money, but this is not the problem, I really have to understand where did I made something wrong to receive such a reply. And since English is not my native language I wanted to share with you guys to comment and see you guys understand my sentences in they way I mean or not.

Thanks and sorry for such a long mail if you did reach to this point :)

axiom
02-26-2009, 05:28 AM
I don't see anything wrong in your conversation. If this is all true, that they just didn't want to send you the order or even look into the issue.

Try ebay, man.

rallymaster
02-26-2009, 06:20 AM
...but I'm not an idiot either...

for sure you're not idiot and did well complaining for the value given to be respected...

What kind of sellers, moreover professional ones (?!? :screwy:), can invite his customer to purchase elsewhere because he claims for a contract to be respected...?? :shakehead
Do they give informations only to please or tease naive customers or idiots ?? :confused:
that's not respectful, neither commercial, and more than this that's not really honest ! :nono:

Finally purchasing elsewhere and not giving money to those guys anymore should be the best thing you have to do. :grinyes:

jano11
02-26-2009, 06:38 AM
You did nothing wrong, especially as you gave your real address when you made your order.
If you got no problem paying the additional money and really want the kits than go ahead.

If it's a question of principles, if I were you I would complain through PayPal and ask the shop, explaining them your reasons, to refund your money. If they are correct people than they will see that they are wrong and rectify the problem, if not than you better buy from someone who does held their customers in higher esteem!

Cheers,

Ioan

drunken monkey
02-26-2009, 07:47 AM
i think this is a case of you getting dealt with by a bad employee.

ChillyB
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
There is nothing wrong with your understanding of the situation or your explanation of it. Nor is there anything wrong with your English. I'm a native speaker who also speaks several other languages and, as a teacher of English, I can tell you that your English is better than some first-year college students I've instructed.

For whatever reason, the shop does not wish to fulfill its obligation to ship your kits for the stated cost. Shop elsewhere is my advice. But also send an e-mail to the shop with your explanation of the problem. You may find that someone else there will want to correct the problem.

Good luck.

stevenoble
02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Your English is very good so don't feel that you have done anything wrong. I have never heard of anywhere where you have to put in a fake US address and then your real address in the notes section. It just doesn't sound right to me. I personally wouldn't have any trust in somewhere that sells in this way, they need to update their ordering system.

nakturk
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for everyone for valuable comments which makes me feel less idiot :)

I must further explain this fake address stuff for better understanding I believe.

Their online system was not able to accept any non-US address thus they had big warnings in their main page saying that "international guys, put that given fake address as shipment address and put the real one as note we'll make it happen"

This did work in my previous order where I had 3 Aoshima kits from them without any problem.

Recently they removed this warning from their page but instead put a new notice that international customer must read terms and conditions. T&C lists 5 European destinations with same "8.99 plus 23.00 Surchage" for s&h and then adds
"If you are unsure if your order falls into the below rate please E mail before placing order."
Which was what I did since my country is not listed and not selectable from drop down list on order page.

spincarez
02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I will never buy from someone so unprofessional. The tone in the last reply from the seller seems so disrespectful. I suggest you let us know the shops name so that we who live outside the US should keep away from them.

Add your comment to this topic!