Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vibration in steering wheel

wade623
02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
i have a vibration in the steering wheel turning right at low speeds
i did a little research on this and found it could be the wheel bearings half shaft or the control arm im wondering what i can check and how to check it
and anotherthing is he steering wheel is crooked to the right im wondering if this is from the problem causing the vibration or not and how can i make it straight:headshake

and also if i go over bumps and the car goes low enough it sounds like plastic scraping on concrete

jay800
03-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Get your shop to check the tie-rod ends as well....these are famous for going bad on Aurora's and part only $30 or so....

I bought some wheel bearings, and beofre putting them in my tire guy(while rotatng tires) noticed right away that the passenger side tie-rod end was cooked. I returned the bearings and got the tie-rod end and fixed the vibration and put many bucks back in my pocket : )

To be honest I'm not sure if I would of known what to look for, but any pro should notice immediately.... Good lick.

Jay

wade623
03-28-2009, 03:40 AM
when i got an alinement done on my old car the tie rod end was bad on it he told me it was bad and showed me how they check it when the car was off the ground he held both sides of the tire and he moved it back and forth so when i noticed it on this car i did that and it did not do that

Add your comment to this topic!