Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heeelp Hummer Radio Navigation

srg30
02-22-2009, 02:38 PM
I have 2008 Hummer H2 with Radio Nav. I want to change the FM channel step from 0.2 MHz to 0.1 MHz any idea how to do that or any link, can i do this change from Tech-2 diagnostic tool or from the head unit it self.

Please any help :runaround:

cmjj42
03-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I have 2008 Hummer H2 with Radio Nav. I want to change the FM channel step from 0.2 MHz to 0.1 MHz any idea how to do that or any link, can i do this change from Tech-2 diagnostic tool or from the head unit it self.

Please any help :runaround:

Unfortunately, the answer is "Neither". You have to take it to a dealer or aftermarket outfit with service programming software (called "TIS" in dealerships), and have the radio reprogrammed with new tuner calibrations.

The thing is, the tuner cals are region-of-the-world specific. I can't remember off the top of my head what all the options are, but I believe European tuner spec goes in 0.1MHz increments. Other parts of the world may as well.

This may not be the route you want to go, however, since along with Tuner settings, you will also end up with your DVD Region code changed. Unless you've got some PAL DVDs laying around, or don't use the DVD player in the thing, I wouldn't recommend doing this. (Plus, Joe Goodwrench is going to charge you for it.)

All this said, there may be aftermarket hacks available for just this sort of thing, but I don't know of any such things right now. Also, even if you did, the next time updated software came out for your radio, the dealer would have trouble programming it.

Why are you looking to have this done, anyway? Just looking for more control over tuning?

srg30
03-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately, the answer is "Neither". You have to take it to a dealer or aftermarket outfit with service programming software (called "TIS" in dealerships), and have the radio reprogrammed with new tuner calibrations.

The thing is, the tuner cals are region-of-the-world specific. I can't remember off the top of my head what all the options are, but I believe European tuner spec goes in 0.1MHz increments. Other parts of the world may as well.

This may not be the route you want to go, however, since along with Tuner settings, you will also end up with your DVD Region code changed. Unless you've got some PAL DVDs laying around, or don't use the DVD player in the thing, I wouldn't recommend doing this. (Plus, Joe Goodwrench is going to charge you for it.)

All this said, there may be aftermarket hacks available for just this sort of thing, but I don't know of any such things right now. Also, even if you did, the next time updated software came out for your radio, the dealer would have trouble programming it.

Why are you looking to have this done, anyway? Just looking for more control over tuning?

First of all thank you for your reply, I am looking to have this done cause I am using the car out of the U.S and I am not the only one there facing the same problem I do have couple of friends too, also can't find any hack for it:banghead:.
I think there should a place out there in the U.S who would do an exchange with more $, but again can't find any.:disappoin

cmjj42
03-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, if you can find a GM dealership in whatever country you're currently in, they should be able to perform the above function no problem. I'm pretty sure TIS is global GM software.

Add your comment to this topic!